Homework set #3 problems:
Page 64 #1-4
1)A robot probe drops a camera off the rim of a 239 m high cliff on Mars, where the free fall acceleration is -3.7 m/s2.
a) find the velocity with wich the camera hits the ground.
b) find the time required for it to hit the ground.
2) a flowerpot falls from a windowsill 25 m above the sidewalk.
a) how fast is the flowerpot moving when it strkes th ground?
b) How much time does a passerby on the sidewalk below have to move out of the way before the flowerpot hits him?
3 A tennis ball is thrown vertically upward with an initial velocity of 8 m/s.
a) what will the ball's speed be when it returns to its starting point?
b) how long will the ball take to reach its starting point?
4) Calculate the displacement of the volleyball in sample problem F when the volleyball's final velocity is 1.1m/s upward. (Info-initial velocity is 6 m/s)
#30 and #34
30) A worker drops a wrench from the top of a tower, 80 m tall. What is the velocity when the wrench strikes the ground?
34) this one has a graph. borrow a book for this one.
Homework set #2 problems
Page 53 #1-3
1) A car accelerates uniformly from rest to a speed of 6.6 m/s in 6.5 s. Find the distance the car travels during this time.
2) When Maggie applies the brakes of her car, the car slows uniformly from 15.o m/s to 0.0 m/s in 2.5 seconds. How many meters before a stop sign must she apply her brakes in order to stop at the sign?
3) A driver in a car traveling at a speed of 21.8 m/s sees a cat 101 m away on the road. How long will it take for the car to accelerate uniformly to a stop in exactly 99 m?
Page 55 #1-3
1) A car with an initial speed of 6.5 m/s accelerates at a uniform rate of 0.92 m/s2 for 3.6 s. Find the final speed and the displacement of the car during this time.
2) An automobile with an initial speed of 4.30 m/s accelerates uniformly at the rate of 3.00 m/s2. find the final speed and the displacement after 5.00 s.
3) A car starts from rest and travels for 5 s with a constant acceleration of -1.5 m/s2. What is the final velocity of the car? How far does the car travel in this time interval?
Page 58 #1-2
1) Find the velocity after the stroller in Sample problem e has traveled 6.32 m. (Information from sample problem E: stroller starts from res, uniformly accelerates at 0.500 m/s2.
2) A car traveling initially at 7.0 m/s accelerates uniformly at the rate of 0.80 m/s2 for a distance of 245 m.
a) What is its velocity at the end of the acceleration?
b) What is its velocity after it accelerates for 125 m?
c) what is its velocity after it accelerates for 67 m?