Welcome to Gateway High School! If you live in the GHS attendance area and wish to enroll, you are in the right place, but there are a few things you must do before you can attend Gateway.
New Student Enrollment Information
Step 1. Central Admissions Office
Prior to enrollment at Gateway High School, your student must first be admitted to the school district. All students who are new to the Aurora Public School District, have moved into the GHS attendance area, or have previously attended school in APS but have been out of school for more than two weeks, must go to the Central Admissions office.
Mississippi & Buckley Office:
1250 S Buckley Road Ste. L
(In the Albertson’s Shopping Center)
Aurora, Co 80017
The Central Admissions Office is open Monday –Friday 7:30am-4:30pm year round. No appointment is necessary. A parent or guardian must bring the following…
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian –A driver’s license or any other photo ID is acceptable.
- Documentation of Child’s date of birth-One of the following: Birth Certificate, Hospital Certificate, Baptismal or Church Certificate, Valid passport.
- Proof you live at your address
- If you own your home, please bring One of the following:
- Warranty Deed, Deed of Trust, or Bill of Sale
- Purchase Contract with possession date (not closing date)
- Current Xcel Energy bill under your name-last or current month
- Adams or Arapahoe County tax bill for current year
- If you rent, please bring One of the following:
- Signed Lease or Rental Agreement
- Notarized letter from Landlord
- If you are living with another Family-All of the following are required
- A notarized letter from the home owner stating the length of time you will be staying
- Proof of Address from the home owner (As listed above)
- Immunization records-required by state law
- Previous School Information
- Name, address, phone, and fax number of previous school
- Withdrawal date from previous school (if student did not complete the previous school year)
- Transcript or final 8th grade report card
Step 2. Call or Stop by Gateway High School to set up a scheduling appointment for your student.
You will be given a registration packet for Gateway High School. A Parent, Guardian, or adult over 21 must accompany your student for their scheduling appointment.
Please bring the following…
- An unofficial transcript or final 8th grade report card
- A withdrawal slip if your student did not complete the previous school year
- I.E.P. (Individualized Education Program) for any students previously staffed in Special Education. We must have your student’s IEP for course scheduling.
- Any legal documentation or court orders relating to Guardianship or Custody
- New Student enrollment packet-must be filled out signed and dated by a parent or guardian.
Records may be faxed prior to your scheduling appointment…
Attn: New Student Registration 303-326-1888
Phone: 303-755-7160 ext 27202